Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Crockpot Chicken and Biscuits

Crockpot Chicken and Biscuits

I LOVE the smell of the crockpot cooking when I walk in the house from work!  Sometimes, I even cook in the crockpot all night long to finish a recipe before going to work the next day. Waking up to the smell, I don't know, there is just something about it that feels like Home!

There is also something about the Fall!  For this girl who was born and raised in the heart of the Adirondacks in Upstate New York, the Fall is the ONLY season for me!  With the brisk air in the morning and at night and the sunny fall days, you need things that scream warmth!

Tonight we are having this wonderful meal that I can only categorize as Comfort Food at its best!  


Ingredients are:


In the Crockpot:

3 large chicken breasts or 4 medium sized ones, cut in half
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 celery stalk chopped
1/2 small onion chopped (if you like onion add a whole onion)
1/2 package baby carrots ( I like them whole, you can chop them up though)
5 medium potatoes cut into pieces
1 Tbsp. Chicken Boullion 
1/2 package of Herb flavored powdered soup mix 
1 small can Chicken Broth
A pinch of salt and pepper

Biscuits: 

1 can (or 2 for a large crowd) of refrigerated biscuits (we used the crescent rolls tonight). Cook them as directed and serve hot with your meal.

Add the ingredients to your crockpot, pretty much in this order for 8 hrs on low.  You can tweak it according to your personal tastes.  You can stir occasionally or wait until the time is up, either way, the flavor is all through the meat and the broth, it's Amazing!

The chicken breast should just fall apart to the touch, so no real shredding is needed.  If you prefer a thicker sauce, add a couple tablespoons of cornstarch to thicken it up.  Honestly it is all about the preference.





We didn't use biscuits tonight, we used the packaged crescent rolls.  If you use the biscuits you could cut the biscuit in half and pour the chicken mixture on top of it for that Chicken and Biscuit taste.



The Best way to eat this feast is however you choose!  Spoon or Fork, it's all up to you.  


Delicious and this one is dedicated to my sweet husband Ken!  He loves comfort food like nobody else.  But what he loves the most is Chicken!  After all these years...I have to continue to find new ways to bring back old favorites!  Love you Ken <3





2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started this cooking blog. I really love trying new recipes and I am trying this one today. It's cooking now. Yes, Fall is a wonderful time of year here in the Adirondacks. And I love all the fall recipes, too. :-) It's just a beautiful time of year, for sure. It just saddens me to see my pretty flowers start to wither away and die but I have some plants that I bring inside and hope they make it through the winter (lol). I look forward to your future blog posts.. Chris W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, you have to let me know how you like it! We are going to have fun with the recipes....I never want to lose them. We are going to have some of my Mom's famous meatballs, lasagna and yes the Ewans (cookies) that my Nana and Mom used to make! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete