Saturday, January 30, 2016

Thanks For Pushing me!

Over the years, I have learned so much from my family.  My Mom, Nana and Aunts.  One Aunt in particular was instrumental in shaping my career.  When I moved to Southern Utah in 1999 I was new to the area, new to the lifestyle of living in the desert and trying to adapt what I did in New York to this slow paced environment.  It wasn't working.  People were different here.  I tried getting back into the hotel business and it worked for a little bit, but I struggled with how differently things were done here.

My Aunt Angie offered to send me to Real Estate School.  That had been her career for many years and she enjoyed knowing the community and helping it grow through Real Estate.  I went to school and straight into handling a Real Estate office and assisted another Realtor.

It was about 4 years into my career that I started learning from my Aunt what it was all about.  It's about communication, knowledge and building relationships.  She not only showed me that, but she lived it every day in her career.  She's an outgoing person, vibrant, loved and respected in her Real Estate community.  I followed her like a puppy for years wondering how she did it!

I have to Thank her for all the wonderful things she instilled in me.  Without her, it would have been another job that I had for a few years and then moved on.  She forced me to go with her to Women's Council of Realtors (WCR) meetings.  Not long after, I became the President of our local chapter and subsequently that led to being the Governor of the State for the WCR.  She honored me with a pin that she wore when she was President in the 1980's.

She forced me to be on committees on the local Association.  And told me constantly that if I stuck with it, I could make something of myself in this industry.  I always blushed and thanked her, but I never really Thanked her!

To this day, I am so blessed to be the Principal Broker for a company and that my Aunt works along side of me.  I couldn't have made it through all these years without her...really!

She will never outgrow her beliefs NOR SHOULD SHE!  Those that have chosen to NOT listen to her will never really know the true potential in their lives.

I love you Aunt Angie and Thank You for all of your confidence in me.  I have and always will be there for you and in your corner!  Life has changed for us all, but one thing remains constant....you have always been there for me and I love your for that!  I hope that you find your smile again and know that all that you have done for everyone in your life has not gone unnoticed!

No comments:

Post a Comment